Access Statement for Abercelyn Tithe Barn 2
Section 1 Travel to Site
- In Llanycil opposite the Church on the A494 (Bala – Dolgellau) road (½-mile from Bala towards Dolgellau)
- Grid Reference: SH 914349 (OS Maps: OL18, 23 or Landranger 125)
- Latitude: North 52 deg. 54.058 minutes; Longitude: West 3 deg. 36.930 minutes
Telephone: 01678 521 109 (international +44 1678 521 109)
Car parking within the grounds of Abercelyn Country House: use the first entrance coming from Bala on the A494 Bala – Dolgellau road (opposite “Llanycil drive safely” sign) after turning into the grounds of Abercelyn, bear left to the Tithe Barn
Drop off points: see car parks above (not suitable for large buses – there is a lay-by on the A494 (Bala – Dolgellau) road in Llanycil
Taxis: see car parks above
Bus stops: The Arriva 94 bus service (Wrexham-Bala-Llanycil-Dolgellau-Barmouth) stops in Llanycil (Telephone: Traveline 0870-608 2608, Arriva Cymru: 01495-592 111)
Routes to Bala/Llanycil:
- By car from north: M56 Chester A483 Wrexham A5 Llangollen A494 Bala (A494 or A5104 are alternatives to A483)
- By car from east: M54 Telford A5 Shrewsbury A5 Llangollen A494 Bala (B4396 Knockin - Pen-y-bont - Llangynog B4391 is an alternative to A5/A494)
- By train: to Wrexham then bus to Llanycil (Arriva 94)
By coach: National Express to Llangollen (seasonal) then bus to Llanycil (Arriva 94) (National Express telephone: 08705 808080, Disabled Persons Travel Helpline: 0121 4238479)
Section 2 Building Environs
Tithe Barn entrance:
- Directly from an area which is car accessible;
- The car park surface is gravel, paths are either slate or gravel
- The path & steps are slate and can be slippery when wet
- Lighting is provided to the area around the entrances.
- Garden: the garden is on a slope with steps in places, paths are slate or gravel.
- Garden safety: The garden has a mountain stream running through it and parents must decide if their children require supervision when in the garden near the stream
Section 3 Building
- The entrance is directly from the path with a stormguard (6 cm high); ramps are not available.
- The entrance has a conventional door (min width 70cm).
- Recessed door mat.
Floors and layout:
- The entrance leads directly to the hall (min width 70cm) and stairs (min width 57cm; see below).
- Lower floor: one twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom (including WC, bath with shower over bath) and one double bedroom with en-suite shower-room (including WC, walk-in shower). The walk-in shower is 60 x 135cm with a door width of 56cm.
- Upper floor: living room, dinning/kitchen room. The living room has an open staircase going to the lower floor.
- Staircase: 11 steps (height 20 cm) with two right angle turns, tread width 60cm, depth 26cm and 6-46cm on the turns ( min width 57cm). A child safety gate is provided at the upper level.
- The barn is of traditional construction and height restriction apply to the upper floor (living room, dining/kitchen). At the side walls the height is approx. 1.3m increasing to approx. 1.75m at a beam and 2.5m in the centre.
- The lower floor (hall, bedrooms, bathrooms) height to the ceiling is 2.06m. The doors have a minimum width of 65cm.
- WCs on lower floor only (in en-suite bathrooms)
- Well lit corridors, doors are in contrasting colours
- No lift
- Upper floor living/dinning/kitchen room: floorboards and a rug.
- Lower floor: door-mat and fitted carpet in the hall, fitted carpet in bedrooms; bathrooms: ceramic tiles
- Bedding: hollowfibre duvets appropriate to the season, hollowfibre pillows (2 per guest) with cotton or polyester-cotton sheets and pillow-cases
- TV with DVD player, teletext and remote control is provided in the lounge
- Well-behaved pets permitted (2 pets max - £10 each)
- Radio with remote control is provided in the lounge
- Task lighting is provided in bedrooms and lounge (reading light)
- High chair & cot available by prior request
- Wireless Internet
- Accessible information: registration form is available in large print, upon request