The Cottages at Abercelyn, Bala, Snowdonia, North Wales
Three traditional, self-catering cottages, set in award-winning gardens
Located near Bala, Snowdonia, North Wales, quality self-catering accommodation is provided in three traditional cottages.
Abercelyn Poor House and Tithe Barn are situated within the award-winning garden of Abercelyn Country House and provide self-catering accommodation for three, four or six, plus a cot.
- The Poor House (Abercelyn Cottage): for up to six persons (1 double, 2 twin bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 en-suite); pets permitted, VisitWales 4-star (Excellent Quality)
- Tithe Barn 1: for up to three persons (1 double, 1 single bedroom, fully en-suite), pets permitted, VisitWales 5-star (Exceptional Quality)
- Tithe Barn 2: for up to four persons (1 double, 1 twin bedrooms, fully en-suite), pets not permitted, VisitWales 5-star (Exceptional Quality)
The stone-built cottages are fully equipped. Visitors are welcome to enjoy the landscaped garden of Abercelyn House and other facilities available.
- High chair & cot avaiable on request (no charge)
- Window locks on first floor windows
- Children may help to feed the hens
- Play areas and a field
The Poor House was built in 1774 and was converted into a self-catering cottage in 1993. The cottage provide modern comforts, including full central heating, but still retains its original features and traditional method of construction with stone walls and wooden beams. Because of the traditional style of construction and beams the headroom is restricted in places.
The Tithe Barn also dates back to the 18th C. and is Grade II listed. It was converted in to two self-catering cottages in 2006. Like the Poor House the character of the building has been retained while modern comforts are now provided.
The town of Bala is a short walk along the side of Lake Bala. In Bala there are traditional butchers and shops selling local and home-made produce. There is ready access to the many tourist attractions and outdoor activities of the Snowdonia National Park and North Wales.
- Prices include electricity, heating, towels, linen with beds made-up prior to arrival
- Complimentary tea, coffee, milk, sugar, salt & pepper, cleaning & washing products, kitchen roll, etc.
- Stay for two weeks: £25 reduction, linen and towels changed after the first week
- Well-behaved pets permitted in Tithe Barn-1 and the Poor House (cleaning charge £10)
- Tithe Barn: Friday change-over, Poor House: Saturday change-over
- Cot and high-chair available by prior arrangement
- Ample free parking is available for trailers, dinghies, etc.
- Wireless connection to the internet (Main house)
- Locked storage available for bicycles
- Advice for outdoor activities