Guided Walking at with Ray Hind (Mountain Guide)
Enjoy scenic or high-level walks with a qualified mountain guide
Guided mountain walking and navigation training available in Snowdonia on a daily basis at special prices for Abercelyn guests.
Walks are led by Ray Hind a qualified Mountain Leader, who will select the best walks according to the abilities and wishes of the group.
Abercelyn is ideally situated in Snowdonia for mountain-walking, there are three local mountain ranges (Arenig, Aran, Berwyn) readily accessible and other parts of Snowdonia are a short drive away. The local mountain ranges provide un-crowded walking over a variety of terrain, ranging from scenic valley walks to peaks approaching 3,000 ft.
Other parts of Snowdonia are easily accessible including classics such as the Nantlle ridge, Snowdon horseshoe, Bochlwyd horseshoe and many more.
The following types of walks are offered:
- Scenic walks: typically 3 hours either relatively level walks or with ascent less than 2,000 ft
- Scenic walks with geocaching - a high tech form of a treasure hunt, using a GPS receiver to find a cache
- High-level walks: more strenuous walks typically 6-9 miles, 5-6 hours and ascending up to 3000 ft
Of course, walks can be tailored to the group's wishes.
Prices for Guided Walking or navigation training with a qualified UK Mountain Leader:
- Half-day: £45/group, e.g. scenic walk
- Day: £75/group, e.g. high-level route
- These prices include a 25% reduction for those staying at Abercelyn
- The price is per group up to 6 persons
- Morning session: 0930 - 1230
- Afternoon session: 1300 - 1600